Appreciation to all members for your support to the association. Special thank also due to all committee members and chefs for their hard work, enabling us to have a great time at the re-opening of our drop-in centre on11/8. We have had a good lunch and a special birthday party.
很不幸的 南安大學講師王朋博士 於2021年2月23日在南安普敦慢跑時遭到一夥人的種族主義襲擊。華協和 ‘南安普敦站起來反對種族主義’ (SUTR）於2021年3月1日 組織了一場線上活動，以提高人們對種族主義和仇恨犯罪的認識。約有300人參加了此活動。上傳YouTube的視頻 到目前為止已有800多次被觀看。 BBC South進一步報導這個活動。華協 和SUTR於2021年3月2日進一步組織了“為王博士跑步或散步”的活動。 參加者將他們的日常運動轉成了在線集體行動的一部分，以表明我們聲援王博士並反對種族主義。我們已經收集了數百張照片，並將它們放在我們各自的Facebook頁面上。華協成員還參加了SUTR在2021年3月20日組織的“聯合國2021年反種族主義日：南安普敦在線集會”。
Unfortunately, a lecturer of Southampton University, Dr Peng Wang, was subjected to a racist attack by a gang of men while out jogging in Southampton on 23/2/2021. CAS and Southampton Stand Up To Racism (SUTR) organised an online zoom-rally on 1/3/2021 to raise awareness on racism and hate crime. The event was attended by about 300 people and the recording was put on YouTube, which has 800+ views so far. It was further reported by BBC South. CAS and SUTR further organised a ‘Run or Walk for Dr Wang’ event on 2/3/2021. Participants turned their daily exercise into part of a collective online action to demonstrate our opposition to racism and solidarity with Dr Wang. We have collected hundreds of photos and put them on our individual facebook pages. CAS members have also attended the ‘UN Anti-Racism Day 2021: Southampton Online Rally’ that was organized by SUTR on 20/3/2021.
2021 Chinese New Year Online Celebration hosted by Chinese Association of Southampton (CAS)
The Zoom-streamed replay (low definition); Zoom直播 的回看 (低清晰):
Metal Ox announces the Spring Festival and welcomes the New Year, online blessings are sent to thousands of families. At 5 pm (local time) on February 14, 2021, the third day of the first month of the lunar calendar, the Chinese New Year Celebration hosted by the Chinese Association of Southampton (CAS) was simultaneously broadcast live in the zoom and youtube live streaming. Thousands of viewers at home and abroad watched the show online and enthusiastically praise and leave fantastic messages for the event.
This event was co-hosted by the Southampton University Confucius Institute and supported by the Chinese Students and Scholars Association, Wutan Kungfu School, Portsmouth Chinese Association Dance Group, Liverpool Christian Disciples Church, Chinese Arts Southampton, and Opera soprano Ms. Beibei Wang, as well as Zi De Guqin Studio, Bamboo Flute Bar and Jing Yue Taichi from China. A huge thank you to the CAS committee and everyone involved for all the hard work, time and effort to successfully create this brilliant display.
There were 26 items in this evening programme, including singing and dancing, musical instruments, opera, poem recitation, dragon and lion dances, Kung Fu, Tai Chi and so on. The show kicked off with a spectacular lion dance performance following by the New Year song which translated into the unique feelings of Spring; the traditional Chinese dance and the passionate Mongolian dance are so elegant and beautiful. The Chinese dragon dance and Chinese Kung Fu are staged in turn; the performances of Chinese traditional musical instruments such as bamboo flute and cucurbit flute are full of energy and showcase the Chinese customs. The melodious Chinese songs express the overseas Chinese homesickness and the yearning for a better life.
The New Year greetings from the members and guests of the CAS were broadcast at the show. They sent their best wishes to thousands of households through the internet. There was also a highlight of this event; each programme was interspersed with a lucky draw. The happy audience was further surprised with the fantastic prizes.
“Chinese Dream, Happy Dream, The Sharing of The Happy Chinese Dream”, the ending song “Chinese Dream” made its debut, pushing the splendid show to a climax. The main theme of this new era song was performed by soprano Wang Beibei with passion. This song is about the aspirations of Chinese sons and daughters working hard to compose a beautiful Chinese dream.
The show ended successfully in a joyous and festive atmosphere.
Reported by Ms. Hongbin Kang (English translation by Ms. Vikkie Cheng)
南安普頓大學孔子學院是本次活動的主要合作夥伴。這個新春文藝晚會得到眾多組織的大力支持，包括中國學生學者聯誼會，武壇功夫學校，樸斯茅斯華人協會歌舞團，利物浦基督門徒會，南安普敦中華藝術團 和 女高音歌唱家王蓓蓓女士，還有 中國自得琴社，中國竹笛吧小笛子 和 中國靜悅太極。大家傾力打造一台精彩紛呈的雲中盛宴。
報告來自 康洪彬⼥⼠ （英文翻譯：鄭慧琪女士）
Thank you for all the positive feedbacks. 多謝大家的正面反饋：
- 节目很棒; 太美了; 很好的舞蹈 Very good dancing; 威武; 漂亮; thanks a lot for the shows;
- 多謝财神爺; 财神爷 真喜庆; 多謝靚姐們; super 优美; 动听的歌; 优美的舞姿👍👍👍💐💐💐;
- 太棒了, 天啦。这个小天使太可爱; 好美，有意境。多才多艺，厉害👍; 鼓声空灵，笛声优雅; Very nice, Prof. 🙂
- Beautiful art and background, variety of performance, wonderful digital technique in celebrating the Year of the Ox, 2021. Very enjoyable and lovely evening. Thank you very much.
- 画面太美了！; 我也想买古琴啦🙈🙈
- Thank you for the invitation to this truly lovely celebration of the New Year !
- All performances covers all different age groups, background and skills. I really admire all performers’ effort.
- Thank Chinese Association of Southampton for providing us such a enjoyable programme this evening! Happy 牛 Year！
- Well done! Michael and all for putting all this together.
- Many thanks for the talented performers and CAS for putting together such a wonderful performance! Happy CNY everyone!
- Kung Hei Fat Choi to you all. Thank you Chinese Association of Southampton for this brilliant and enjoyable Chinese New Year performances this evening.
- Thank you, Kung Hei Fat Choi.
- Fantastic! Thanks a lot!
- thank you! really enjoyed it.
- Thanks a lot! Happy Chinese New Year 🎆㊗️
- Thank you very much for your kind invitation! We are so happy for you and we are glad that it has been a great success!
Wish you all good health, good fortune and a prosperous Year of the Ox!
- Thank you for the invite. It’s a good show. I enjoyed it very much.
- Just wanted to say what an amazing CNY programme CAS had put out. and thank you very much for including me in the mix. I was very impressed with how the whole event came together internationally, digitally and online, and the vast range of talents there were in CAS and in Southampton. I really liked how Andy was dressed in minority Ethnic costume throughout the whole show doing the prize draw as well!
- Well done. Keep up all your excellent work. It’s great to see the old n young, from all BCESEAC come together to celebrate the Lunar New year, n awesome that you managed to get a board sections of Council/ mainstream colleagues to give Chinese New year greetings to the communities, plus all the excellent Covid fund raising effort by the Communities! 😊😊😊👍👍👍👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉
- 谢谢各位用心表演，看得很开心，还好玩。祝福大家牛年幸福！ 💖💖
- Wow. Taichi on water. Wonderful flute play.
- 鼓声空灵，笛声优雅🥰; 笛子很好听，而且功夫打的也好。👍
又是一年团圆日，9月10日晚，南安普敦华人协会以 “喜迎二十年，欢度中秋节” 为主题的答谢晚宴在JRC饭店盛大启幕，二百多名会员与嘉宾欢聚一堂，共同见证了这场极具温馨的盛会。
伴随着主持人激情洋溢的开场词，南安普敦華人協會會長黄嵩鈞博士、南安普敦市長 Cllr Peter Bailie、中國駐英國大使館僑務參贊卢海田先生、Unity101 Manager Dr. Ram Kalyan ‘Kelly’ 分别上台致辞。黄会长对拨冗莅临晚宴的所有来宾表达了欢迎和感谢。他表示，今晚不仅是一场团圆的盛宴，也是一场感恩的庆典，感谢会员们的一路相伴，感谢各界人士的大力支持，你们的情谊是对我们工作的肯定和鼓励，我们将铭记这份感恩之心，未来我们仍将一路同行。
简讯來自 康洪彬 ⼥⼠
The Chinese Association of Southampton (CAS) were joined by over 200 guests including the Mayor of Southampton Cllr Peter Baillie and the Chinese Embassy Cllr Mr Lu Haitian at the buffet restaurant JRC in Southampton to celebrate their 20th anniversary as well as the Mid Autumn Festival 2019.
All guests and members were being invited to attend free of charge as the Association wanted to show their gratitude and thank for their continuous support, contributions and sponsorship all these years.
After the welcome speeches and the certificate presentation, the event was opened by the Lion Dance performance. During the evening, there were Chinese riddle game, raffle draw and singing contest. Everyone enjoyed the night very much and lots of their members stayed for the singing contest until 10:30pm.
Brief News from Ms. Vikkie Cheng
Twenty Years of Review: Embarking on a New Journey
“Appreciation of the Summer in August; Which carries refreshing breeze; Which meets the blazing sun.”
We invite you to a great gathering.
14th August 2019, the Southampton Chinese Association (CAS) will be celebrating its 20th anniversary at the Northam Community Center, where we will review our 20 years of development in the form of photo shows and with interaction with local community residents, through Chinese cultural workshops as well as dragon dance and lion dance performances.
“Great love is without sound; Great love is without word.” These photos and pictures witness the weather-beaten course of our 20 years, which recorded various warmth and moving moments. We see the hard work and silent dedication of volunteers. We see sincere communications and good interactions among community residents. We see spirit of solidarity, mutual assistance and positive optimism among members.
Looking back at the past, we have harvested gladness and touching moments. Looking forward to the future, we are confident to create another excellent era. The Southampton Chinese Association will continue to serve the local Chinese community and to promote the Chinese culture; we aim to facilitate harmonious coexistence with the local communities. We will strive to build a spiritual home for the local Chinese community and to create a bridge of friendship between China and Britain.
Ms Bin Hong