南安普敦華人協會 感謝 以下 機構，社區團體和個人 的支持，關心和慰問。
The Chinese Association of Southampton appreciates the following organizations, community groups and individuals for their support, care and loving messages.
- Supporting message from Kieron Lickley (email@example.com): 20th March 2020
- The support from the Leader of Southampton City Council, Cllr. Christopher Hammond: 19th March 2020
- Hampshire Police met representatives of the association and students: 18th March 2020
- The Mayor of Southampton Cllr. Peter Baillie supported our Fundraising Campaign for Southampton: 18th March 2020
- The support from members of the Sunday Lunch Project: 11th March 2020
- The support from Southampton Stand Up To Racism (firstname.lastname@example.org): 20th February 2020
- The Mayor of Southampton Cllr. Peter Baillie supported our Fundraising Campaign for China: 12th February 2020
- The support from the police: 5th February 2020
Cllr. Christopher Hammond:
“Thanks for coming in and highlighting the current increase in hate crime in the city. We take these incidences very seriously and will be working with the police to try and prevent these crimes and punish the perpetrators.”
Please accept this email as a message of support to members of your organisation.
We are deeply disturbed by reports in the local press about instances of racist abuse in the city directed towards people of Chinese and Asian heritage in relation to novel coronavirus.
We believe that alarmist headlines and stories in the media, portraying coronavirus as a “Chinese virus” or pointing to cultural reasons why the virus has spread, are leading to increased levels of racism towards people of Chinese and Asian heritage, which cannot be tolerated.
We think it is important that any racist abuse or attacks are publicly challenged and are prepared to help mount a campaign with you to do this. If you would like to explore the idea of a local campaign, or have any other ideas about how the wider community in Southampton can demonstrate their solidarity with the local Chinese community at this time, we would be very happy to meet with representatives of your organisation to discuss this further.
We would be grateful if you would communicate our support to members of your organisation and look forward to hearing from you in due course about a possible meeting.
Yours in solidarity,
Secretary, Southampton Stand Up To Racism