很不幸的 南安大學講師王朋博士 於2021年2月23日在南安普敦慢跑時遭到一夥人的種族主義襲擊。華協和 ‘南安普敦站起來反對種族主義’ (SUTR）於2021年3月1日 組織了一場線上活動，以提高人們對種族主義和仇恨犯罪的認識。約有300人參加了此活動。上傳YouTube的視頻 到目前為止已有800多次被觀看。 BBC South進一步報導這個活動。華協 和SUTR於2021年3月2日進一步組織了“為王博士跑步或散步”的活動。 參加者將他們的日常運動轉成了在線集體行動的一部分，以表明我們聲援王博士並反對種族主義。我們已經收集了數百張照片，並將它們放在我們各自的Facebook頁面上。華協成員還參加了SUTR在2021年3月20日組織的“聯合國2021年反種族主義日：南安普敦在線集會”。
Unfortunately, a lecturer of Southampton University, Dr Peng Wang, was subjected to a racist attack by a gang of men while out jogging in Southampton on 23/2/2021. CAS and Southampton Stand Up To Racism (SUTR) organised an online zoom-rally on 1/3/2021 to raise awareness on racism and hate crime. The event was attended by about 300 people and the recording was put on YouTube, which has 800+ views so far. It was further reported by BBC South. CAS and SUTR further organised a ‘Run or Walk for Dr Wang’ event on 2/3/2021. Participants turned their daily exercise into part of a collective online action to demonstrate our opposition to racism and solidarity with Dr Wang. We have collected hundreds of photos and put them on our individual facebook pages. CAS members have also attended the ‘UN Anti-Racism Day 2021: Southampton Online Rally’ that was organized by SUTR on 20/3/2021.
2021 Chinese New Year Online Celebration hosted by Chinese Association of Southampton (CAS)
The Zoom-streamed replay (low definition); Zoom直播 的回看 (低清晰):
Metal Ox announces the Spring Festival and welcomes the New Year, online blessings are sent to thousands of families. At 5 pm (local time) on February 14, 2021, the third day of the first month of the lunar calendar, the Chinese New Year Celebration hosted by the Chinese Association of Southampton (CAS) was simultaneously broadcast live in the zoom and youtube live streaming. Thousands of viewers at home and abroad watched the show online and enthusiastically praise and leave fantastic messages for the event.
This event was co-hosted by the Southampton University Confucius Institute and supported by the Chinese Students and Scholars Association, Wutan Kungfu School, Portsmouth Chinese Association Dance Group, Liverpool Christian Disciples Church, Chinese Arts Southampton, and Opera soprano Ms. Beibei Wang, as well as Zi De Guqin Studio, Bamboo Flute Bar and Jing Yue Taichi from China. A huge thank you to the CAS committee and everyone involved for all the hard work, time and effort to successfully create this brilliant display.
There were 26 items in this evening programme, including singing and dancing, musical instruments, opera, poem recitation, dragon and lion dances, Kung Fu, Tai Chi and so on. The show kicked off with a spectacular lion dance performance following by the New Year song which translated into the unique feelings of Spring; the traditional Chinese dance and the passionate Mongolian dance are so elegant and beautiful. The Chinese dragon dance and Chinese Kung Fu are staged in turn; the performances of Chinese traditional musical instruments such as bamboo flute and cucurbit flute are full of energy and showcase the Chinese customs. The melodious Chinese songs express the overseas Chinese homesickness and the yearning for a better life.
The New Year greetings from the members and guests of the CAS were broadcast at the show. They sent their best wishes to thousands of households through the internet. There was also a highlight of this event; each programme was interspersed with a lucky draw. The happy audience was further surprised with the fantastic prizes.
“Chinese Dream, Happy Dream, The Sharing of The Happy Chinese Dream”, the ending song “Chinese Dream” made its debut, pushing the splendid show to a climax. The main theme of this new era song was performed by soprano Wang Beibei with passion. This song is about the aspirations of Chinese sons and daughters working hard to compose a beautiful Chinese dream.
The show ended successfully in a joyous and festive atmosphere.
Reported by Ms. Hongbin Kang (English translation by Ms. Vikkie Cheng)
南安普頓大學孔子學院是本次活動的主要合作夥伴。這個新春文藝晚會得到眾多組織的大力支持，包括中國學生學者聯誼會，武壇功夫學校，樸斯茅斯華人協會歌舞團，利物浦基督門徒會，南安普敦中華藝術團 和 女高音歌唱家王蓓蓓女士，還有 中國自得琴社，中國竹笛吧小笛子 和 中國靜悅太極。大家傾力打造一台精彩紛呈的雲中盛宴。
報告來自 康洪彬⼥⼠ （英文翻譯：鄭慧琪女士）
Thank you for all the positive feedbacks. 多謝大家的正面反饋：
- 节目很棒; 太美了; 很好的舞蹈 Very good dancing; 威武; 漂亮; thanks a lot for the shows;
- 多謝财神爺; 财神爷 真喜庆; 多謝靚姐們; super 优美; 动听的歌; 优美的舞姿👍👍👍💐💐💐;
- 太棒了, 天啦。这个小天使太可爱; 好美，有意境。多才多艺，厉害👍; 鼓声空灵，笛声优雅; Very nice, Prof. 🙂
- Beautiful art and background, variety of performance, wonderful digital technique in celebrating the Year of the Ox, 2021. Very enjoyable and lovely evening. Thank you very much.
- 画面太美了！; 我也想买古琴啦🙈🙈
- Thank you for the invitation to this truly lovely celebration of the New Year !
- All performances covers all different age groups, background and skills. I really admire all performers’ effort.
- Thank Chinese Association of Southampton for providing us such a enjoyable programme this evening! Happy 牛 Year！
- Well done! Michael and all for putting all this together.
- Many thanks for the talented performers and CAS for putting together such a wonderful performance! Happy CNY everyone!
- Kung Hei Fat Choi to you all. Thank you Chinese Association of Southampton for this brilliant and enjoyable Chinese New Year performances this evening.
- Thank you, Kung Hei Fat Choi.
- Fantastic! Thanks a lot!
- thank you! really enjoyed it.
- Thanks a lot! Happy Chinese New Year 🎆㊗️
- Thank you very much for your kind invitation! We are so happy for you and we are glad that it has been a great success!
Wish you all good health, good fortune and a prosperous Year of the Ox!
- Thank you for the invite. It’s a good show. I enjoyed it very much.
- Just wanted to say what an amazing CNY programme CAS had put out. and thank you very much for including me in the mix. I was very impressed with how the whole event came together internationally, digitally and online, and the vast range of talents there were in CAS and in Southampton. I really liked how Andy was dressed in minority Ethnic costume throughout the whole show doing the prize draw as well!
- Well done. Keep up all your excellent work. It’s great to see the old n young, from all BCESEAC come together to celebrate the Lunar New year, n awesome that you managed to get a board sections of Council/ mainstream colleagues to give Chinese New year greetings to the communities, plus all the excellent Covid fund raising effort by the Communities! 😊😊😊👍👍👍👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉
- 谢谢各位用心表演，看得很开心，还好玩。祝福大家牛年幸福！ 💖💖
- Wow. Taichi on water. Wonderful flute play.
- 鼓声空灵，笛声优雅🥰; 笛子很好听，而且功夫打的也好。👍
- Wednesday 10/2/2021 at 11am: 南安大學孔子學院 Southampton University Confucious Institute
- Sunday 14/2/2021 at 5pm: 南安普敦華人協會 Chinese Association of Southampton
- Sunday 14/2/2021 at 7:30pm: 英國少林寺 UK Shaolin Temple
- 10/2/2021 to 28/2/2021: 南安大學孔子學院 Southampton University Confucious Institute
願大家安好。南安普敦華人協會於 2020年3月4日在聯誼活動中心聚會後，距今已經超過九個月沒有在 聯誼活動中心見面了。雖然期間英國經歷了兩次封城，協會依然盡力看顧我們的會員。過去九個月，協會為會員們送上了重要物資如口罩、手套、食物 等等。我們也錄製了一些關於運動、繪畫、手工和幸福講座的視頻 讓會員們在協會網站上看。同時，協會的‘同一天空下’電臺節目並沒有停止，依然每週一下午六點播出。另外，協會於10月1日舉辦了一次網上中秋節慶祝活動。我們也於12月20日在網上一起慶祝 聖誕節。
由於疫情的緣故，協會的活動深受影響。我們不能在聯誼活動中心進行活動，也不必交租金。另外，協會的委員們都是無薪義工，所以協會的開銷反而減低了。因此，協會委員會 決定 讓擁有2020年會籍的會員 免費享有2021年的會籍。新會員和沒有2020年會籍的舊會員 也只需 為2021年的會籍 付上 10英鎊會費，而不是原本的15英鎊會費。新的學生會員也只需 為2021年的會籍 付上 5英鎊會費，而不是原本的8英鎊會費。 [會籍表]
在此祝福大家 新年快樂 身體健康 百毒不侵。
I hope that you all are keeping well. It has been over 9 months since our last gathering at the Drop-in Centre on Wednesday 4th March 2020. Despite the two lockdowns during these 9 months, the Chinese Association of Southampton (CAS) has put on various efforts to cater for the needs of our members. More specifically, we have delivered important materials including facemasks, gloves and foods to our members. We have produced videos on exercise, paintings, crafts and happiness talks, which are available on our website for our members. Our ‘Under the Same Sky’ community radio programme did not stop but has continued to broadcast every Monday at 6pm. Furthermore, we have had our online Mid-Autumn festival event on 1st October 2020. We had our Christmas celebration event online using Zoom on 20th December 2020.
Due to the pandemic, CAS activities have been significantly affected and reduced since March 2020. However, we do not need to pay for the rent at our Drop-in Centre and CAS committee members are unpaid volunteers. Hence, the expenditure in CAS has also been reduced. For these reasons, the committee has decided that CAS members who have valid membership in 2020, will enjoy a free membership for 2021. All new members or old members who did not have valid membership in 2020, only need to pay £10 instead of the original £15 fee, for attaining the 2021 membership. All new student members only need to pay £5 instead of the original £8 fee, for attaining the 2021 membership. [membership form]
When the epidemic is over, we will return to the Drop-in Center for gatherings. If there is any latest development or activity, we will communicate on the Association website and WhatsApp group. Please contact any of the committee members if you require assistance from the Association, we will do our best to help.
Wish you a good health and a Happy New Year.
Dr Michael Ng
Chairperson of the Chinese Association of Southampton
Below is a video showing our volunteers delivering Christmas presents to our members
New Project Launching today 7/12/2020! We’re proud to be part of a new network of 21 British Chinese, East and Southeast Asian community organizations across England for the “Confronting COVID-related Hate: Standing with Britain’s Chinese, East, & South East Asian Communities” project, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund Grant and the London Funders Community Response Fund. We will receive training and funding as we continue to support our communities confront COVID-related hate and racism. More information at the link below:
雖然受到疫情的影響，南安普敦華人協會 仍然 有機會 於2020年 慶祝 中秋節和中國國慶。感謝 協會委員，義工和支持者們。感謝 游記 給我們月餅和梨子的優惠。
Despite the pandemic, the Chinese Association of Southampton still managed to celebrate Mid-Autumn and China National Day in 2020. Special thanks to the committee members, volunteers and supporters of the Association. Thank you Yau Bros for giving us a good discount in mooncakes and pears.